Information for Home Buyers Investigating the Occurrence of Crime or Paranormal Activity at a Residence They Are Purchasing
Psychologically impacted property is any property where certain circumstances, suspicions or facts may create emotional or psychological disturbances or concerns to a Buyer. If this is of concern to the Buyer, the law requires that the REALTOR® adhere to the following procedure:
- The Buyer must be in the process of making a bona fide offer.
- The REALTOR® must receive a request in writing from the Buyer.
- The Buyer’s written request must state that such factor is important to the decision of the Buyer.
- The REALTOR® shall make inquiry of the owner by submitting the written request to the owner.
- With the consent of the Seller, the REALTOR® will furnish the Seller’s response to the Buyer or Buyer’s Broker.
- If the Seller refuses to furnish the information requested, Seller’s REALTOR® shall so advise the Buyer or Buyer’s Broker.
- If the Buyer is requesting information concerning Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or any other disease which falls under the privacy laws, the informaiton can only be obtained in accordance with the Public Health and Safety Statute, Title 63, O.S., 1992, Section 1-502.2A.